Careers with KidSight
Looking for a career where you can make a difference in the lives of others as a part of a talented team?
Check out our openings below!
How can you get experience if no jobs will hire people without it? The answer is VISTA service! VISTA service is a one-year opportunity to build skills while you make the world a better place. KidSight is currently hiring for 3 VISTA positions. These VISTAs will be a part of the larger Literacy Kansas City VISTA program and placed at KidSight. (For more information on the LKC VISTA Program click here.) Our goal is to start all three positions in July- August 2021.
KidSight’s team is made of positive and eager people who enjoy the challenge of our work. VISTAs are an important part of our small but mighty team. KidSight cares about our VISTAs and their future careers. We will help you plan for your next step in an inclusive and nurturing environment; all while developing important skills that change the world for the better. You will be able to see the difference your service makes in the lives of the children we screen and the health of KidSight. You will not be a number with us. See more information about our openings below!
Vision Screening Technician – SEMO Territory
This part-time position conducts vision screenings for children (ages 6 months and above) at various locations within the southeast corner of Missouri. Screeners set their screening schedules with all screening sites (preschools, day care centers and schools) within their territory. Screening duties include using the vision screening device to screen children for vision disorders, collecting information from screening site, inputting data into KidSight’s proprietary database, and communicating with the screening site before and after the screening.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Contact outside agencies and organizations to set up KidSight screenings.
· Conduct screenings within assigned region, meeting goals for number of children screened, etc. in various areas of the region.
· Ensure excellence in customer service and follow through to each screening site.
· Schedule and coordinate volunteer screenings within screening region.
· Provide ongoing support and supervision for volunteers within their territory. Support could include training, providing feedback, mentoring, and entering data for volunteers.
· Enter screening and referral information in database in a timely manner for all screenings within their territory.
· Assist with evaluation activities as assigned, including carrying out calls or mailings to parents and organizational contacts.
· Conduct follow up calls on referred children, as assigned, to measure impact.
· Maintain vision screening equipment and adequate screening supplies.
· Act as KidSight representative/speaker to stakeholder groups, attending fundraisers and meetings as needed.